Smiling is one of the most essential things humans do to connect with other people, although it can also be uncomfortable and embarrassing when you have lost all your teeth. Many think dentures or bridges are the only options to replace missing teeth.
Full mouth dental implants are another effective treatment that offers distinct advantages over dentures and other procedures.
But before we explain these great advantages it’s important you completely understand what a full mouth treatment is.
A full mouth restoration or treatment is a term used to describe dental procedures that help to restore teeth in both the patient's upper and lower jaws.
Like any other dental procedure, the very first step is to be diagnosed by a professional. Your mouth will be examined by your dentist to determine the extent of the problem and the treatment options that can be used to bring your natural smile back.
Full mouth Restoration Options:
• Dental Implants
• Dental Bridge
• Dental Dentures
• Dental Crowns
• All on program
A full mouth implant is the very best way to restore appearance, structure, and function like healthy natural teeth.
Dental Implants are metal posts that are surgically positioned to replace tooth roots. With these implants, the dentist will be able to put teeth to replace your smile.
Implants are attached directly to the jawbone.
In the initial visit the implants will be placed and a temporary crown. When the dental implant has successfully osseointegrated with the jawbone, usually takes from 4 to 6 months. The patient will then come back for a second visit, during which the surgeon will insert an abutment to place the crown on the implant.
All on 4 implants: 4 implants are placed on your jaw, to rehabilitate the patient smile and teeth. By using only four posts, instead of one per tooth and the process becomes minimally invasive.
All on 6: 6 implants are placed on your jaw, to rehabilitate the patient smile and teeth. Is going to require more bone and more bone strength than an all-on-4.
Full Mouth dental implants vs. Traditional dentures
Nowadays, full mouth dental implants are becoming more and more popular, especially in the lower jaw. Unlike traditional dentures, full mouth implants, also known as “supported dentures” are stable and stay in place permanently.
Dentures are the traditional and basic form of restoring lost teeth, are a reliable method not only to fix teeth but also they help to bring back lost functions such as chewing and speech.
They are relatively cheap compared to other alternatives, making them more affordable and available to more people.
However, dentures often affect the quality of life of some people because of the lack of stability, as well as the inconveniences of using them.
Some of the challenges associated with complete removable dentures are:
• Bone loss over time. Results in a denture that is loose-fitting, has less support and suction. Unfortunately, the more the bone deteriorates the more sunken in the cheeks become.
• Loose dentures that won’t stay in. The most common reason dentures don’t stay in is a poor fit, because of the quality of the dentures.
• Denture sores. Ill-fitting or loose dentures, as a result of the jawbone changes, shape, and shrinks.
• Limitations to eat favorite foods. There are a few things you’ll need to avoid as hard foods, hot liquids, and sticky foods.
• Movement of dentures with speech or eating.
5 benefits of Full Mouth Implants
Understanding the advantages can help you make the right decision for your smile.
1. Long-lasting. Dental implants are a permanent solution, so you’ll never have to remove the implants and there’s no need to worry about stability.
2. Improve Stability. Implants are securely attached to the jaw bone, as mentioned before, stability will not be a problem.
3. No bone deterioration. Unlike dentures, Implants actually integrate into the jawbone preserving bone health.
4. Forget about inconveniences and any discomfort. It’s unlikely that you’ll need any repairs or maintenance because they attach your bone.
5. Strong, healthy, natural smile.
The goal of this procedure is to restore the look and structure of your teeth. Your chance to get the smile you always wanted is possible by getting full mouth implants in Mexico.
Full Mouth Restoration Procedure:
• Diagnosed by a professional. Your mouth will be examined by the dentist of your trust, then she/he would be able to determine which procedure will best fit your needs. If there is any tooth left that is too damaged or could interrupt the process, it will be extracted.
• Placement. Six to eight dental implants in the upper jaw. Four to six implants in the lower jaw.
• Recovery. Laser therapy will reduce the risk of any kind of infection and speed up recovery time.
How long does the procedure take?
It all depends on the amount of treatment each patient needs, the greater the damage, the more treatment needed and also the patient’s individual condition and preferences.
Modern technology allows us to place fixed temporary bridges on the day of implant placement, making easier the transition from bad or no teeth at all, to permanent implant bridges that will restore function and comfort.
Do I need a Full Mouth Restoration?
There are several reasons why one might need a full mouth Reconstruction, we help this information helps you find out if you’re a candidate:
• Replace a fracture or injured teeth
• Teeth loss due to acid erosion
• Teeth loss due to decay
• Teeth loss due to trauma
• Teeth wore out due to teeth grinding
• Jaw muscle complications
Dental implants can be cared for just like regular teeth
Basically cleaning dental implants look the same as cleaning your natural teeth, but since these are artificial teeth you should keep them as clean as possible.
In addition to simply brushing and flossing them daily, you might want to consider these 3 tips for better oral health.
1. Choose a soft-bristled toothbrush instead of a regular one. You can find them at almost every supermarket or pharmacy.
2. Ask the dentist what floss to use for your specific denture.
3. Don’t forget to use non-alcoholic mouthwash on a daily basis to prevent any formation of plaque in the implants.
It is recommended to get dental implants cleaned by a professional periodically, to prevent any infection caused by food particles and bacteria stuck in teeth.
Full mouth implants in Mexico
A Full Mouth restoration with implants is a treatment a little bit more pricey compared to other procedures although the most efficient one when it comes to restoring not only one, but almost all of your teeth.
Each year, thousands of people choose to come to Mexico to receive dental work, because you can save up to 70% in any dental treatment compared to US and Canada prices.
Traveling to get medical treatments has a name: Dental Tourism. The solution you are looking for if you’re in need of a full mouth implant procedure, assuring that you’ll receive high-quality work for a low-cost price. Plus, a time to relax and vacation.
Los Algodones is a town located in Mexico next to the border in Yuma, Arizona. It is well known as the capital of Dental Tourism. With more than 300 dental clinics offering patients the most affordable options and a wide range of dental procedures.
Also, the dental treatments offered to follow the highest standards.
Coming to Los Algodones, Mexico has many advantages besides medical treatments. This is a town devoted to its tourists from all over the world. You can walk in the streets of this wonderful little town and relax for some mini vacation. All the people are very nice, you will feel welcome and secure.
If you’re staying more than a few days due to the dental procedure or because you want to enjoy more of Molar City, we recommend staying at Cielito Lindo Hotel.
Cielito Lindo offers visitors a chance to escape from one’s daily routine. You’ll be completely satisfied with the excellent service and comfort providing you with the best experience in Los Algodones.
The hotel is committed to offering an awesome medical tourism experience to their guests, Cielito Lindo is conveniently located in the second floor of MediPlaza Los Algodones, only a few steps down and you’ll find everything you could think of.
Restaurants, cafes, souvenirs shop, and more.
Also at MediPlaza..
Sani Dental Group the largest clinic in town with more than 35 years of experience in dentistry and patients’ attention.
Sani Dental Group was named the Number One Clinic in the city by the GCR. (Global Clinic Rating) the feedback given by GCR shows the score for each of the clinics which includes patient rating scores from Google and Facebook and other independent rating providers.
Offering more than 55 treatments including crowns, deep cleaning, whitening, veneers, dental implants, and more. Performed by the best dentist in Mexico prepared to treat all your dental needs.
You deserve the smile you always wanted and at Sani Dental Group you can get it at a fair price.
No matter where you choose to go, being a dental tourist it’s important to have in mind to bring the necessary documents such as passport, printed appointment, and lodging confirmation.
Confirm all services (lodging, shuttle, etc.) before hitting the road or boarding a plane. Last but very important, you might want to bring your medical history to prevent any complications.
If you’re interested in full mouth implants in Mexico
If you still have doubts, questions or you’re ready to make an appointment, we invite you to give us a call and one of our patient coordinators will help you with anything you need to make the trip easier.
Disclaimer: Open dentist to help you with your dental needs. We are taking additional special measures following CDC recommendations to ensure your health and safety.