Your Dream Smile Awaits - Explore Our Latest Deals! Click here to learn more.

Frequently Asked Questions

Useful information to make your Dental work in Mexico much simple.

Dental Treatment

How often should I get a dental checkup and cleaning?

The American Dental Association recommends having your teeth professionally cleaned at least once every six months and visiting your dental office twice a year for a regular checkup.

When should I take my child to the dentist for the first check-up?

It is recommended to take children to the dentist for the first time after the eruption of their first tooth, normally between the age of 6 months and one year.

Do you offer tooth-colored fillings? Can they replace my old metal fillings?

Yes, they are called resin fillings. They are performed in one day and are priced at $45 USD. If you have metal fillings that you want to replace, there will be no extra charge for removing them.

What causes sensitive teeth?

There are many reasons why a patient develops sensitive teeth.  Common scenarios that can create sensitive teeth are:

  • Tooth decay.
  • Tooth erosion due to teeth grinding. 
  • Cracked Tooth
  • Receding gums can be caused by a variety of reasons, from improper tooth brushing to periodontal disease.
  • Teeth whitening (sometimes); depending on the technique used by the doctor, teeth whitening may leave teeth sensitive for a couple of days.

What are my options for replacing a missing tooth?

There are three main ways to replace teeth: Dentures, Bridges, and Dental Implants.

Partial dentures seem like orthodontic retainers, usually carrying one or two teeth. The denture may also be attached to other teeth using wire clips.

Another option to replace a missing tooth is a dental bridge. Bridges are usually fixed, stable, and feel like natural teeth. Exceptional bridges would fit properly as if there were no missing teeth.

Dental implants are the best possible alternative for replacing a missing tooth. Dental implants are artificial roots for teeth, which are attached to the jawbone before adding crowns. Implants are surgically positioned to replace tooth roots. As implants are attached directly into the jawbone is a procedure with long-lasting results.

Should I tell my dentist I have diabetes?

Yes, people with diabetes require special care when it comes to dental procedures. Even if you write it down on your file, it’s highly recommended to inform your doctor at every appointment about your condition and the medications you may be taking.

About our service

I have a treatment plan from my local dentist. Can I get a quote from you? Is there a consultation or diagnosis fee?

The first consultation is completely free.

You can make your appointment with us and be diagnosed for an exact quote; if you'd like to get an approximate quote at no cost, you can use our treatment estimate form. 

At the end of your diagnosis, you will receive treatment options, and with the help of the specialist, you will be able to choose the best one for your condition.

If you have a treatment plan from your dentist, you can send it to us to give you an approximate quote.

Do you offer the same prices at all locations?

Yes, we do. All Sani Dental Group locations share the same low prices and the same high-quality treatments. If you’d like to read the list of treatments and the different prices that we offer, click here.

Does Sani Dental Group offer a warranty to its patients?

Yes, all treatments have up to a 5-year warranty. This guarantee only covers the cost of dental treatment performed in our clinic, excluding any additional expenses, such as travel expenses.
What methods of payment does Sani Dental Group accept?

We accept credit/debit cards (Visa/MasterCard), checks, and cash. A 4% fee applies for all credit & debit card payments.

If you’re visiting the Sani Dental Group location in Los Algodones, you won’t need Mexican Pesos during your visit, as US dollars are considered to be the local currency.

If you’re visiting the Cancun and Mayan Riviera location of Sani Dental Group, you can pay using US Dollars. However, we do recommend having a few Mexican Pesos with you if you want to visit the small towns that are nearby.

Can I use my Dental Insurance?

Yes, even when we don’t work directly with foreign dental insurance companies we can fill out all the necessary paperwork so your insurance company can reimburse your money. A $35 USD fee will be charged for administrative purposes, just ask for this service at our front desk on your first appointment.

Do you offer sedation?

Yes. Even though local anesthetic is applied when dental treatment is required, if you prefer to be sedated we can arrange it for you. We work with professional specialists that will make your treatment a “pleasant dream”.  IV Sedation can be used at the patient's request for a fee of $600 USD. Please let our staff know if you choose to use this service at the moment of making your appointment.

Am I a candidate for sedation?

Most people with a good health conditions are candidates for sedation and its different types. However, it is recommended to check with your doctor just to make sure.

I need implants. How can I know which is the best option for me?

Here at Sani Dental Group, we offer a wide variety of dental implants to meet the different needs of every patient. If you'd like to know what is the option that suits your situation the best, feel free to make an appointment with us and have the doctor tell you which one fits your needs the most. If you'd like to read more about different types of implants, you can visit our blog

What treatments can be completed in a single trip?

There are a lot of treatments that can be completed in a single visit to the clinic or the doctor's office. Here's a list of a few:

  • Gum contouring.
  • Cleanings.
  • Whitenings

Do teeth whitening treatments really work?

Yes; teeth whitening treatments are among the most common procedures and they often show great results.

Here, at Sani Dental Group, we offer different methods for teeth whitening treatments, such as Laser Dental Whitening or Zoom Dental Whitening. 

About the Trip

Do I need a passport to go to Mexico?

If you arrive  by land or sea:

When entering Mexico by land, travelers might not be asked to show a passport, but you will need it when crossing the border back to your home country. It is recommended to have with you a valid passport as proof of citizenship to avoid any hassles during your trip.

You will not be able to use your birth certificate or driver’s license as a valid ID.

If you are a US citizen and don’t have a passport book, you could be able to use a passport card to cross the border between the United States and Mexico without issues. 

 Learn all about Los Algodones Mexico border crossing.

If you arrive in Mexico by air:

You will need to fill the FMM form, which is a visitor’s permit at the airport or airplane. Airlines usually facilitate this document so you could fill it during the plane before you land in Mexico, in case there are no forms available, you could be able to get one once you land.  

Your documents will be checked and reviewed by the immigration office at the airport and they will stamp your passport along with the FMM form to enter the country.

It is important to keep your Visitor Permit safe during your trip to avoid any issues on your way back home.

It is important to mention that US Passport Cards are not valid when arriving in the country by air. Passport Cards only work when arriving in Mexico by land or sea, if you don’t count with a Passport Book, it is recommended to get one before your trip since it is required for air travel to and from the United States.

Special considerations might be granted by the US and Canadian Governments to Citizens in need of medical treatment for both situations. Sani Dental Group can issue an expedite letter to you stating your need to cross the border for dental treatment.

Is it safe to stay in Mexico overnight?

Yes, it is completely safe.

If you’ll be traveling to Los Algodones, you can rest assured that it is considered to be one of the safest towns in the world. Thousands of North American Medical Tourists are constantly going over to Los Algodones to get dental treatments.

Locals also speak English, and everything is just a walking distance away.

If you’re traveling to Playacar, Cancun, the answer is still the same.

Both locations have a peaceful, relaxing environment in which you can spend a beautiful, peaceful vacation.

Are the locations of the SDG clinics in Mexico safe?

Our clinics are located among the safest places for international tourists.
As these locations are dedicated to medical tourism, delinquency is not a common occurrence as these areas are closely monitored by the authorities.

For your comfort and safety, we provide a private transportation service for all of our patients. This service includes pick-up from the border and transportation to our clinics in Los Algodones, and transport from the hotel to our clinics in Cancun and Playa Del Carmen.

In addition, Sani Dental Group clinics are equipped with 24-hour private security, making them some of the most secure locations in town.

At Sani Dental Group clinics, our commitment to your safety and well-being means that you can trust us to provide the highest quality dental care without any concerns for your safety.

I am Canadian. Will I have any problems crossing the border?

Entry requirements for Canadian citizens are pretty much the same as American citizens; due to COVID-19 restrictions, crossing by land to the US is not permitted. However, you can still travel by plane to Quintana Roo to attend our Sani Dental Group clinic there. You might need to show the required vaccination information and a negative COVID-19 test result to travel. 

Where can I spend the night?

If you are going to Cancun, we recommend you to stay in Playacar due to the exclusiveness and safeness it offers to tourists.

We suggest taking a look at these hotels for being closer to our dental clinic:

  • Wyndham Garden
  • City Express

We have an agreement with the two best hotels in Los Algodones “Hacienda Los Algodones” and "Cielito Lindo Hotel". We can arrange your lodging needs at a special price.

If you prefer to stay overnight on the U.S. side, then Yuma, Arizona will be the best option. Located just 7 miles east of the border crossing. We recommend you:

  • Best Western Inn
  • Hilton Garden Inn Pivot Point
  • Hampton Inn & Suites Yuma
  • Homewood Suites by Hilton Yuma (Specials rates starting with the 15% of discount)
  • Quechan Casino Resort (Ask for our promo code)

Does the borderline in Los Algodones have a schedule?

Yes, the borderline opens at 6:00 am and closes at 10:00 pm. If you'd like to know more about border crossing restrictions in Los Algodones, you can click here.

I’m driving down to Los Algodones, where can I leave my car?

Sani Dental Group has a parking lot at no charge for our patients just next to our Clinic at Alamo Street in the MediPlaza. (Only 2 blocks away from the border).