Have you ever experience a serious dental injury? They can really affect the aesthetic and function of your smile. When you suffer something serious you need to be treated by a specialist.
Oral and maxillofacial surgery is the specialty of dentistry which includes the diagnosis, surgical and adjunctive treatment to correct any kind of problem with the mouth, jaws, cheeks, nose, eye sockets, and forehead.
The face, neck, and jaw are some of the most complex anatomical regions in the human body.
Conditions of the face, neck, and jaws can arise from many causes such as:
• Congenital or inherited conditions
• Benign (non-cancerous) tumorous of any soft tissues
• Cartilage or bone and autoimmune conditions
Do I need an Oral Surgeon or an Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon?
Oral surgeons work with patients who need options for replacing and saving teeth. They work with impacted wisdom teeth and eliminate any infection, pain or discomfort. They are skilled and prepared for correcting many dental issues and overall oral health.
Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons are also oral surgeons, they have undergone additional training to treat more serious dental and medical issues. They have to complete a total of eight years of studies in order to be able to treat patients.
Plus, maxillofacial surgeons have had special training in techniques of emergency medicine, general surgery and anesthesiology.
A specialist in Maxillofacial Dentistry has to do a lot more emergency work, in a crisis situation when the patient requires immediate attention.
Maxillofacial surgeons must know how to treat hard and soft tissues since in occasion they will work on sensitive areas like the gums and on tough structures like the jawbone.
Should I visit an Oral-Maxillofacial specialist?
Depending on the dental issue you’re experiencing, the dentist of your trust should be able to tell you when it’s time to see an oral-maxillofacial dentist.
You might want to check these pints to know if you need to start planning your appointment:
1. If you need teeth extractions or replacements of impacted teeth and complex buried dental roots.
2. If you have facial injuries, management of complex fractures and soft tissue injuries of the mouth, face, and neck.
3. Reconstructive Surgery
4. Jaw, oral, or facial cyst diagnosed that needs to be removed
5. Orthognathic Surgery for the correction of facial disproportion
6. Pre-implant surgery the placement of dental or facial implants, associated with bone grafting techniques
If you’re suffering from one or more than one damage tooth you may require a tooth extraction in order to keep a healthy smile.
Tooth extraction can be performed by an oral surgeon or a dentist.
There are two types of extraction: a simple extraction and a surgical extraction.
This last one has to be performed by an oral surgeon and it’s done when the tooth cannot be easily accessed. The surgeon makes a small incision into your gum in order to extract it. In more severe cases, it’s necessary to remove some of the bone.
Oral-Maxillofacial surgeons work closely with other surgical medical and dental specialists to optimize the treatment of these conditions.
A range of these procedures is performed under local anesthesia or conscious sedation. While more complex operations are performed under general anesthesia.
Oral and maxillofacial surgeons are trained in all areas of the specialty and may remain, generalists, here are some of the areas the can choose to specialize in:
• Craniofacial Deformity and orthognathic surgery: the correction of jaw disproportion
• Salivary gland surgery
• Cleft lip and palate surgery
• Oral medicine: diagnosis and treatment of conditions in and around the cervicofacial structures.
• Dentoalveolar surgery: treatment of teeth
• Trauma: treatment of facial soft and hard tissue injuries of the craniofacial structures
• Jaw joint problems and facial pain
• Facial skin surgery: removal of tumors and cysts, reconstruction.
Why Los Algodones, Mexico is the best place to get dental treatment?
Los Algodones, Mexico also known as the Molar City is located in the border with the United States, just 7 miles away from Yuma, Arizona.
This little city has become the capital of Dental Tourism where you can take care of all your dental needs, receive high-quality dental work by specialists for an affordable price.
The Molar City has grown a lot in the lasts years, thanks to its variety of clinics and amazing offer in dental care.
The affordable cost of a dental procedure is one of the reasons why Los Algodones is the best place to get any dental treatment, where you can save up to 70% on any dental procedure compared with U.S or Canada prices. It couldn’t get better right?
Maxillofacial Dentist in Los Algodones
Looking for the right clinic in a city where there are about 300 dental clinics within a few blocks, can be a little overwhelming.
Restoring the appearance of your smile is a serious thing, especially when you’re in need of an oral maxillofacial dentist in Los Algodones.
Here are a few points you should consider when choosing a dental clinic:
2. Clinics Credentials:
Credentials give the clinic standards to work with. Sani Dental Group has been certified by different facilities, thanks to our credentials and reviews from past patients. We’re the #1 Clinic in Los Algodones.
3. Doctors Specialists and Credentials:
Sani Dental Group dentists are in constant preparation. Year by year they attend different courses and conferences to keep updating and providing the best attention for patients.
Researching the experience of dentists, you can be secure that you will be satisfied with the results of the procedure.
4. Patient’s reviews: You can learn a lot about the treatments, attention received when you read reviews from past patients.
5. Payment facilities: At Sani Dental Group you’ll have several options to pay such as cash, debit or credit card, personal checks, and wire transfer.
6. Post treatments they offer and warranties: Trustful clinics offer warranty in all of their treatments. We trust our doctors, that’s why we offer up to 5 years of warranty in any dental treatment.
Sani Dental Group, the #1 clinic in Los Algodones, Mexico and the only dental center in the city to be certified by the Medical Tourism Association.
The Medical Tourism Association has developed the International Patient Services certification Training and Certification for Hospitals and Clinics which has been granted to Sani Dental Group.
At Sani Dental Group all of our dentists are certified in multiple dental practices updating their skills and prepared to give you the service you deserve.
Recovery after Oral Surgery
You should always listen carefully to the dentist instructions to prevent any risk of infection or trauma to the surgical site.
Follow these following advice for optimum healing:
• Bleeding is normal after the surgery. Your dentist will provide you with a gauze, this will prevent the bleeding from reoccurring. It is not recommended to spit, smoke or drink from a straw the first days after the surgery.
• Some swelling is also normal after surgery. In order to reduce the swelling, it is recommended to sleep with your head elevated using pillows and to apply ice packs to the area for the first 2 to 3 days.
You also may see some bruising, especially when you had a teeth extraction.
• Some degree of pain is normal for all patients depending on the extent of the procedure. Your dentist may prescribe some medications in order to relieve the pain, make sure you follow the instructions carefully.
• Arduous physical activity is not recommended for 2 to 3 days after your surgery. You should be able to resume your daily activities within 48 hours after the surgery.
• Vigorous rinsing and spitting should be avoided for the first 24 hours. You may gently rinse your mouth out with warm water or salt solution between every meal, to avoid infections, bad taste, and breath.
Technology has advanced to an extraordinary pace in the past years. Hospitals and clinics all over the world have the necessity to keep investing in the latest technologies and equipment’s to be able to provide the best dental care to patients.
Sani Dental Group is not an exception. We want to treat all dental procedures with the best and modern technology available.
CT scans stand for a computerized tomography that produces images of specific areas of a scanned object. CT scan can reveal internal organs not visible, in addition to making representations of inner structures.
This technology allows doctors to provide their patients with precise diagnosis and anticipate any further complications.
Another advantage is that doctors can save the images taken enabling them to create a database.
You deserve the smile you always wanted and at Sani Dental Group you can get it at a fair price.
At Sani Dental Group, in addition to the professional staff, certifications, and the most prepared Maxillofacial dentist in Los Algodones, our facilities are equipped with counting edge technologies.
Samantha Earlene from Monterey, California is a happy patient that share her experience with us:
"the dentist was very helpful, professional and sweet she was very helpful, professional and sweet she was very reassuring and very detailed, I will refer everyone to sani. Wonderful experience."
Jennifer Broome, a patient from Dahlonega Georgia share with us:
"this is the most extensive work yet, and the pain level has been near zero. Ive been amazed and will never go anywhere else.."
Steve Coulton from Seligman, Arizona wrote about us:
"My Coordinator and everyone at the clinic has bent over backward to make it all happen for me. I had special requests. All were provided to me. My Dentist is great. painless, fast, skilled, friendly, courteous and all staff speak good American English."
"My indecision my worries about procedures to getting back across the International border. Algodones BC cleans safe and pleasant. My stay at Hacienda is always relaxing and enjoyable, and he and his staff are super nice folks. The restaurant at the Hacienda was fabulous."
"The soups for people with dental work in progress affordable and fills the bill. Thanks to all of the staff at Sani, for making my life better."
Don't hesitate anymore! We will take care of you and your smile!
If you still have questions, doubts or you’re ready to make an appointment, we invite you to give us a call and one of our patient coordinators will help you with anything you need to make the trip easier.
From making the appointment, shuttle services, lodging options, and more. One of our patient's coordinators will gladly assist you immediately.
Remember that by coming to Los Algodones to restore your smile you could save up to 70% on any dental treatment compared to US and Canada prices. So you would not only be returning with a new beautiful smile, but you also will save a lot of money!