Have you ever looked at someone and noticed that their smile is perfect just for the fact that their teeth are perfectly aligned? People with crooked teeth tend to compare their smiles to other people´s, and it´s ok. Who wouldn´t want a perfect smile and also healthy teeth, right?
The truth is, having crooked teeth is actually more common than not, and as you may know, it's totally fixable. But what is it that causes permanent teeth to become crowded, twisted, or overlapped? Is it only about genetics or is it something else? Check out the following information to find more about crooked teeth and their solution.
What Causes Crooked Teeth?
As we said, genetics can be an important factor for crooked teeth, but there are a few habits that can contribute to an ongoing misalignment of the jaw and crowding of the teeth. These often seem harmless and are unconscious habits, and it´s the slow and constant pressure that causes teeth to shift their position without us even noticing after a long time.
The following list of unconscious habits might help you understand why teeth get crooked even if our parents had the best set of dentures.
- Bruxism. A condition in which people grind or clench their teeth, it´s a very common bad habit that many people aren’t aware that they have because many of them do it unconsciously, usually while they are asleep. Bruxism can be diagnosed and be treated bruxism through a combination of therapies, such as the use of a custom mouth guard while he or she is sleeping.
- Thumb-sucking. This habit is carried by many people since their childhood into their adolescent years and even into adulthood, although many people don´t want to admit they do it. While it may be a soothing means of coping with stress, it can also have big consequences in your smile.
- Poor diet. Eating unhealthy foods can make your teeth weak since their not receiving the right amount of vitamins, which will eventually lead to tooth decay. Tooth loss can affect tooth alignment and the bite more quickly and dramatically than any other factor.
- Bad oral hygiene. Brushing your teeth after every meal and using dental floss as a complement to get rid of food remains between the teeth will increase your chance to avoid gum disease and other dental problems in the future. Gum disease and tooth decay are the two leading causes of tooth loss among American adults.
- Sleeping on your stomach. Many dentists and orthodontists have suggested that when people sleep on their stomachs, they exert hours of force on their teeth and jaws that can contribute to misalignment of the jaw or teeth, regardless of their age. These suggestions have background studies made back in 1981 by Dr Hal A. Huggins, who discovered dental toxicity due to mercury in amalgam and other materials.
- Slouching. This bad habit can contribute to malocclusion over time. Specifically, slouching forward to rest your chin in your hand can exert gentle pressure on your oral structures. It can also contribute to back pain, headaches, and jaw pain.
- Fixing Crooked Teeth. As many of us know, braces are the universal solution to straighten teeth. Patients with orthodontic problems can benefit from this treatment at nearly any age, but if a kid starts showing signs of misalignment in their jaw, the ideal time for placement of braces is between 10 and 14 years of age, while the head and mouth are still growing and teeth are more conducive to straightening.
Los Algodones Mexico Dentist
With two clinics in town, more than 35 years of experience in dental services, and tourism, Sani Dental Group is one of the largest most professional clinics in town and one of the most prestigious in the country.
For many years, this little town has welcomed foreign patients looking to attend their dental needs. Situated near the borders of both southeastern California and southwestern Arizona, Los Algodones is located just seven miles west from Yuma, Arizona.
The tranquility, comfort, and the warm climate of the area make it possible to provide a unique dental experience. The best Los Algodones Mexico Dentists are at Sani Dental Group, with years of experience receiving foreign patients.
Dentist in Cancun Mexico
Our newest dental clinic destination offers patients the perfect place to enjoy their dental trips like nowhere else.
Sani Dental Group Cancun Riviera is located within one of the most exclusive buildings in Playacar, and it's very easy to reach the clinic from the airport, just 58.4 km from the Cancun International Airport.
Playacar is the perfect place for those who want to enjoy the warmest sun, and natural environments while receiving dental work by the best dentist in Cancun Mexico.
As a trustful clinic, at both of our locations, we offer between 2 and 5-year warranty in all of the procedures performed by some of the best dentists in Mexico. So you’ll be able to go back home with the smile of your dreams, and without worrying about anything. Remember that a healthy mouth is important not only for optimal oral health but a key factor for overall health.
You'll also be able to find all the different dental specialties at any of our two locations, including Laser Dentistry, Oral Surgery, Dental Implantology, Cosmetic Dentistry, and Endodontics.
Give us a call to know more about our treatments, prices, and the additional services we offer to all of our patients. Dentist in Cancun Mexico and Los Algodones Mexico dentist is waiting for you! Change your smile forever.
Disclaimer: Open dentist to help you with your dental needs. We are taking additional special measures following CDC recommendations to ensure your health and safety.