Teeth are meant to last a lifetime, thanks to them we can chew and grind our favorite foods. However, for some people teeth extraction may be necessary because there’s too much damage for the teeth to be repaired.
If you’re suffering from one or more than one damaged tooth, you might want to read this information to find out if this is the dental procedure that will help you recover your functional smile.
Teeth extraction is the removal of a severe damage tooth from its socket or alveolus. It is recommended by specialists extracting impacted teeth that are partially erupted, where bacteria can enter and cause an infection.
Tooth extraction can also prevent damage to adjacent teeth and bone, and pain in the future.
Excessive tooth decay, infection, and crowding require a tooth extraction in order to keep a healthy beautiful smile.
The city of Los Algodones, Mexico is worldwide known as the Molar City where you can find several dental clinics.
Tooth Extraction in Mexico
When a tooth cannot be repaired with any other treatment such as a crown, an extraction may be your best recourse.
Tooth extraction has to be performed by a dentist or oral surgeon.
Sani Dental Group dentists are prepared and highly skilled to perform teeth extraction in the largest clinic in the city with more than 30 years of experience.
Teeth extraction is necessary when:
• You suffer from irreparable tooth damage, it helps to avoid any infection.
• You have a loose tooth
• A solution to gum infection, also known as periodontal disease
• When an accident, the extraction of impacted teeth, prevent damage on other teeth.
• Eliminate the overcrowding teeth in the mouth.
It is very important for the initial consultation with your dentist to find out if you’re a candidate for this procedure. Sani Dental Group dentists will examine your mouth and teeth to determine what the best treatment option for you is.
Communication between you and the dentist, before and after the procedures it’s very important.
Before having a tooth pulled, let your dentist know your complete medical history, medications, and supplements you take. Some doctors prescribe antibiotics to be taken before and after surgery.
Tooth Extraction Procedure
There are two types of extractions:
1. Simple Extraction performed on a tooth that can be seen in the mouth, the dentist loosens the tooth with an instrument called the elevator and then removes it.
In the simple extraction, you will receive a local anesthetic, which numbs the area around your teeth.
2. Surgical extractions are performed when the tooth cannot be easily accessed that may have broken off at the gum line. The doctor makes a small incision into your gum in order to extract it. Sometimes it’s necessary to remove some of the bone.
Since is a more complex procedure, you will receive a local anesthetic and you may also receive a general anesthetic.
In both of the procedures, you should not feel any pain at all just expect a little pressure.
Before the removal of your tooth, your dentist will do a routine check-in your mouth confirming the extent of the damage.
Your dentist will use a 3D x-rays or CT Scan and the extraction will begin. This will allow any possible complications to be anticipated. The options for anesthesia will be discussed. Before removing your tooth, local or general anesthesia will be applied.
If the tooth is strongly attached to the jaw the dentist will need to cut the surrounding gum and bone tissue.
Then, the dentist will grasp the tooth using forceps that will help to loosen the tooth from the jaw. Sometimes a tooth is unable to be extracted in one piece, it has to be removed in pieces.
After the tooth is extracted, your dentist might need to use stitches to close the gum site, where the extraction was made.
Tooth Extraction Aftercare
Your dentist will give you instructions on what to do, what to avoid after surgery.
Surgical extractions generally cause more pain after than simple extractions. Your dentist may prescribe pain medication as well as antibiotics.
Antibiotics are more likely to be given if:
• You have an infection
• You have a specific medical condition
• You have a weakened immune system.
The level of pain and discomfort after the procedure, depending on how difficult it was to remove the tooth.
Sani Dental Group recommends following these points to take care of your teeth after the procedure:
• Swelling: To reduce swelling, you can put ice packs in the region of the extraction for a maximum of 10 minutes at the time, with a 10-minute break before applying again.
• Eating: Wait until the numbness in your mouth wears off. Eat soft foods for a few days, avoid greasy food, cold or hot liquids.
• Physical Activity: Relax and rest for the first 24 hours after the procedure. Physical activity can increase bleeding.
• After the first 24 hrs, a gentle rinse with warm salt water helps to keep the area clean.
• Sleeping: When lying down, prop your head with pillows. If you lie flat, bleeding will be prolonged.
• Medication: Take only the prescribed medicine by your dentist.
• Hygiene: Brush and floss your teeth normally, but avoid the extraction site. When rising, place water in your mouth, and facing the washing bin, open your mouth to let the water out without spitting.
Things you should avoid:
• Smoking. Avoid smoking for 24-72 hours after surgery.
• Using a straw.
• Spitting, it can remove the clot that helps to wound the heal
• Robbing your tongue in the affected area.
• Blowing your nose, it can cause the bony material to be displaced. If you need to sneeze, do so with your mouth open.
There are a few risks for undergoing a tooth extraction, contact your dentist if you experience any of these:
1. Bleeding that lasts longer than 10 hours
2. Nausea or vomiting
3. Swelling and redness that lasts longer than 12 hours
4. Cough and fever or any other sign of infection
5. An incomplete extraction, in which a tooth root remains in the jaw
6. Soreness in the jaw muscles or the jaw joint.
We assure you that if your dentist recommends the procedure, the benefits likely overcome the small chance of complications.
The Best place for tooth extraction in Mexico
When you visit Sani Dental Group in Los Algodones, Mexico you will find the best and most advanced technologies available in dentistry. In addition to the professional staff and certifications, our facilities are equipped with counting-edge technology.
Whether you need a simple cleaning or a complex procedure, Sani Dental Group is here to take care of all of your dental needs.
At Sani Dental Group, your dental treatment can be performed by more than one doctor. Our doctors have specialized in Laser dentistry, oral surgery, dental implantology, endodontics, cosmetic dentistry, and other dental treatments you may need.
The best dental clinics will always offer a warranty for their dental work. We trust our dentists and the results, that’s why we offer up to 5 years on warranty on any procedure.
The dental work performed in both of our clinics: Sani Dental Group Alamo and Sani Dental Group Platinum, meet the highest quality standards. Therefore, we are members of different associations that give us the opportunity to build trust among our patients.
1. The American Dental Association is the leading source of oral health-related information for dentists and their patients.
2. The Medical Tourism Association has developed the International patient services Certification Training and Certification for Hospitals and clinics.
3. Better Business Bureau Mark of Accreditation inherits the added advantage of over 100 years of trusted goodwill.
4. Certified by the Mexican Council of Medical Tourism.
5. Certified by the Global Clinic Rating, the only international, cross-border organization that ranks clinics based on their expertise and patient satisfaction.
By visiting our clinics you wouldn’t only receive a high-quality treatment performed by the best dentists in Mexico, you can save up to 70% on any dental treatment compared with the U.S prices, pretty amazing right?
Also, for your convenience, we accept different payment methods such as:
• Credit and debit card (Visa or MasterCard)
• Cash, all transactions are in U.S currency
• Personal checks, travelers and cashiers.
For more information about the payment options, dental financing and more we invite to look at our website.
If you never been to Los Algodones, you need to know that the town is devoted to its visitors and you don’t need to worry about the safety, the town is a great place to relax and enjoy a mini vacation.
MediPlaza Los Algodones is the newest and only medical and shopping center in the city, where you will find a nice Mexican restaurant to try the delicious traditional dishes, enjoy a relaxing body or facial treatment at the Timeless Spa.
Mexican jewelry and souvenirs, a fully equipped pharmacy, and lodging at Cielito Lindo Hotel if you’re staying for more than one night.
Cielito Lindo offers you excellent services, affordable prices as well as all the accommodations you might need during your trip.
You’ll find the comfort you need to have an amazing experience. Plus, all Sani Dental Group patients are eligible for promotions and special prices. Just ask for more information at the front desk.
We care about our patients, that’s why we are committed to giving them the best experience and making things easier for them on their dental vacations. We offer a free shuttle service to our patients.
If the service is desired by the patient, it will only be necessary to call us 48 hours before the appointment to schedule your vehicle. For your convenience, we can pick you up from the International border or the Yuma International Airport, what works best for you.
Great Clinics have great reviews. Sharee Donaldson, a patient from Las Vegas, Nevada shared with us her experience with tooth extraction procedure at Sani Dental Group:
“I have always had an unhealthy fear of dentist...but after being at Sani I am no longer fearful. I went to another Dentist in my home town who I was not impressed with. They wanted me to pull "ALL" my teeth and gave me a $40K bill to do implants and other stuff..”
“I am young and did not want to lose all my teeth. Not only was Sani NO where near that price they said I did not have to pull all my teeth and that some could be saved. That made me very, very happy!! I have had my surgery, and let me tell you no pain, no discomfort... NO FEAR!!!”
“Everyone from the front desk to Jose who always manages to be there to hold the door for me no matter which direction I was heading in was amazing. The surgeon that did my implants to the beautiful lady that made my temporary teeth...”
“I will never visit another facility. Sani has a patient for life... Oh by the way they are now my families official dentist.. And I have a large family."
Let us be part of your dental experience, you’ll be returning home with a great smile and good memories of an awesome mini vacation.
If you’re interested in having a tooth extraction in Mexico or any other procedure, don’t hesitate and give us a call today. We have a great team of patients’ coordinators ready to help and guide you through this journey. Your new smile is just one call away!
Disclaimer: All content shown in this blog and in any linked materials are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. Any recommendations are based on personal, not professional, opinion only. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern about their dental care and treatments, please contact us directly. For more information please read our Disclaimers and FAQ pages.