Laughter & it's many Benefits
Yesterday was World Laughter Day, we thought it was a good opportunity to tell you a little about how something as simple as laughing can improve our everyday wellness and wellbeing.
Everyone knows that laughing is good, but few realize how valuable it is and its many benefits. For example:
- It produces a general sense of well-being, just laughing makes you feel better.
- Endorphins are released when you laugh. This can help you feel good throughout your body while relieving stress and pain.
- Laughter increases the activity of natural killer cells. T-cells help enhance the activity of natural killer cells in your body, which can increase disease resistance and improve the health
- The act of laughing immediately boosts heart rate, respiratory activity, and oxygen consumption.
- Tone your abs. The muscles in your tummy begin expanding and contracting when you’re laughing. What better way to exercise than laughing?
- People who laugh and enjoy humor have much lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
Now that you know some of the benefits of laughing, go ahead and put it into practice. You'll see how it will make you feel better. If you are concerned about the appearance of your smile, Sani Dental Group can help you achieve the healthy smile of your dreams. Take a look at these life-changing dental treatments.