Essential Travel across Los Algodones Border
The U.S. government, together with the Mexican authorities, has temporarily limited inbound land border crossing for only essential travel. The Andrade/Los Algodones border crossing remains open from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm California time.
This, as a measure to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. If you are a U.S. citizen and lawful permanent resident you may return to your country without any problem.
So, What does essential travel means?
Authorities recognized the following as essential travelers:
- Citizens and lawful permanent residents returning to the United States.
- Individuals traveling for medical purposes (to receive treatment in the United States or Mexico).
- Individuals traveling to attend educational institutions.
- Individuals traveling to work in the United States or Mexico
- Individuals traveling for emergency response and public health purposes
- Individuals engaged in lawful cross-border trade (e.g., truck drivers supporting the movement of cargo between the United States and Canada and Mexico).
- Individuals engaged in official government travel or diplomatic travel.
- Individuals engaged in military-related travel or operations.
- The following categories do not fall within the definition of “essential travel:” Individuals traveling for tourism purposes, such as sightseeing, recreation, gambling, or attending cultural events in the United States.
Why are these Measures Taken?
The United States and Mexico agree on the need for a dedicated joint effort to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus and address the economic effects resulting from reduced mobility along our shared border.
The U.S. and Mexican governments further recognize critical services such as food, fuel, healthcare, and life-saving medicines must reach people on both sides of the border every day. Essential travel must, therefore, continue unimpeded during this time.
Medical/dental appointments must, therefore, continue unimpeded during this time.
We will continue monitoring and communicating only official information regarding the U.S./Mexico International border. For more information about the updates of Los Algodones border and current restrictions, call us at (928) 257 13 07.