Everyone that has gone through a medical or dental procedure knows that the healing process that comes after this is delicate, and that during this period our body is fragile and more prone to diseases and infections. Of course, with the proper care all these can be prevented, let us show you how.
Side Effects After A Dental Procedure
After almost every dental procedure, some side effects can occur starting with swelling, pain, or soreness, which is considered “normal” and they usually go away within a few days. But if these disappear after a few days, it probably means that a complication has occurred.
Some of the common complications are infections, bleeding, reaction to anesthesia, or other accidental injuries. All these complications can lead to dental diseases, that’s why it’s important to keep infections under control following special after-care instructions that should be given by your dentist before you leave the clinic.
Avoid the Risks
Some dental work can cause bacteria in the mouth to enter the bloodstream and cause infections in other parts of the body. People who have a hard time fighting off infections may need to take antibiotics before and after dental surgery. Before undergoing any dental procedure, we recommend you to ask your dentists about the state of your immune system, and depending on your results see what options fit you best.
The aftercare instructions depend a lot on the treatment you’re planning on getting. But there are some general advice that you can follow after any dental procedure:
- To reduce swelling, a cold ice pack should be applied externally over the treated area as much as possible for the first three days.
- Eat only soft foods for the first weeks after treatment, eating hard food can delay the healing process.
- Gently rinse your mouth twice a day with a non-alcohol mouthwash. Also, brush your teeth smoothly after every meal, without hurting the treated area or your gums.
- To keep infections under control, you need to take care of your personal hygiene. This will help to keep your immune system strong.
- Avoid the intake of alcoholic drinks and tobacco. Both will affect the healing of the tissues around the affected area and will slow the healing process.
Visit the Dentist
Nothing beats a professionals’ advice. That’s why in addition to keeping infections under control and following the tips enlisted above, another way to prevent dental diseases after a medical procedure is visiting your dentist in case you’re experiencing more pain or swelling for more days than expected.
For Sani Dental Group, your dental health is a top priority. We invite you to visit one of our dental clinics in Los Algodones. With more than 30 years of experience, we're the best option to get dental treatments in Mexico.
When you're looking for top-quality dental treatments in Mexico, there's no better option than Los Algodones. And when you're looking the best in Los Algodones, there's no better option than Sani Dental Group.
We’re located in the heart of town next to MediPlaza, the newest medical center in town where you’ll be able to find not only restaurants and shops, but also a stem cell therapy clinic, spa, a surgery room, and hotel, and much more. Stop hesitating and start planning your trip to Los Algodones, you’ll come back home with a brand new smile and better health.
Give us a call and one of our patient coordinators will give you all the information you need.