As we grow old some things change however, in times many stay the same. In the case of dental care, the steps we are tough when we are kids are much the same when we get older. At a young age we are told the benefits to washing our teeth twice a day and flossing once a day, we are also told the importance of having a strong healthy smile, the importance of avoiding gum disease, having tooth decay or the need to have your teeth replace.
Dental Care for the Elderly
A little aging knowledge can go a long way. Most elderly adults think that aging will make them look and feel different; however, the true is that aging effects can be drastically reduced.
For years, Sani Dental Group has dedicated time and offered our patients information that has help them prevent many oral diseases. Now, as part of our expansion, our dental clinic would now like to offer you information that will help you prevent the effects of many disease that come with age and if any of these diseases cannot be prevented, we want to offer you the necessary resources to live life to the fullest.
Dental care for the elderly is not easy, there are several steps that one must take into consideration. For example young adults usually do not struggle diseases like: arthritis, dentures, diabetes, hearing problems, vision problems and/or osteoporosis.
Dentures are “false teeth”; these could be complete dentures (replace all the teeth in your mouth) or partial dentures (only some of them). If you are in need of dentures, we invite you to set up an appointment with our customer service representative.
Even though dentures can be removable, you should still take care of them as you would take care of your teeth. Patients with dentures should brush your gums, tongue and the roof of your mouth every day with a soft-bristled brush before they put in the dentures.
Our dental clinic offer you the following tips to take of your dentures:
- Adjust or replace your dentures on the first signs of pain. Daily use of dentures will cause them to "wears them out"; they will need to be replace about every 5 years.
- Clean your dentures every day.
- Rinse your dentures to remove loose food particles.
- Wet the brush and brush your dentures with a denture cleanser. You may be able to use hand soap or mild dishwashing liquid.
- Brush every surface, scrubbing gently to avoid damage. (Avoid using hard-bristled brushes, as these can damage the dentures)
- Do not put your dentures in Hot Water – instead store them in lukewarm water or denture-cleaning liquid.
- To prevent dentures from falling and breaking, when you take your dentures out put them in a folded towel or a bowl of water.
To take care of your teeth and gums:
- Examine your gums daily before you put in your dentures.
- Allowed red, swollen gums heal before you wear your dentures again. If theses do not heal, don’t let time pass and visit the dentist.
- Give your mouth at least 6 hours of rest from your dentures every day. When we reach certain ages, our mouth heals more slowly and needs time to recover.
- When experiencing problems with your denture, don't try to "fix" your dentures yourself; please visit the professionals.
Imagine that you have developed arthritis how will you take care of your teeth? Among your other needs? Older adults with this joint problem sometimes have trouble holding the toothbrush and brushing their teeth. If this is your case, why not modify your toothbrush? You can, for example:
- Enlarge the handle of your toothbrush by wrapping a sponge.
- Make the handle longer and/or thicker
- Simply use an electric toothbrush
Sani Dental Group in Los Algodones
If you are tired of poor dental services, then we invite you to the city of Los Algodones; in the city you see several dental clinic, but the largest dental clinic in the city is Sani Dental Group. Here you will find more than 25 professional dentists with a wide experience in dental procedures and all at affordable rates.
Affordable Dental Procedures
Restore your smile, your confidence and joy; allow Sani Dental Group to help you. At our dental clinics, we offer affordable dental health plans, high quality full mouth restoration at a fraction of the price.
For additional information please call toll free 1-855-SANI-DDS or (928) 257-1307 or visit our: price list.
Many older adults have a fixed income and feel that they cannot afford dental care, we offer our dental services especially for them. For Sani Dental Group your smile is our priority.
Come to Los Algodones and experience excellent dental services like no other dental clinic in the city, contact us and we will restore your smile, joy and confidence.
The steps and procedures mentioned in this post are procedures available in the medical field; however, not all these treatments and procedures are perform at Sani Dental Group. To confirm if this procedure is perform at our dental clinics, please contact us directly.