As we age, tooth loss can be very common. Dental Implants can be a solution if you are missing just a couple of teeth, but what happens if you want to replace more than just a few to get your smile back?
If you are on the search to recover most or all of your teeth, you might be interested in the All On 4 Dental Implants. It works just like a regular implant, however, instead of fixing each tooth root one by one, you can get a complete set of teeth with only 4 implants.
To understand what an all on 4 implants is we need to know exactly what a regular dental implant is. It is a procedure where a small titanium screw is inserted in the root of your jawbone, replacing the space of your missing tooth with another fake but real looking one.
This means that with this treatment, only four screws are surgically inserted on your jawbone and can fix the whole top of your mouth and/ or the bottom of it.
A couple of other characteristics of this dental procedure:
- You can replace both damaged and missing teeth.
- They are permanently attached.
- By using only 4 titanium posts, instead of one per tooth, the process becomes minimally invasive.
- You will be able to enjoy a new set of teeth since day one!
Benefits of Getting the All On 4 Dental Implants
Several benefits have been expressed about this dental procedure, let’s see why the All On Four implants might be the best option for you:
- They will have the same strength and stability as natural teeth. Recover your chewing ability up to 90% and be ready to enjoy your favorite kinds of food without worrying about any pain or a slight denture slip.
- Prevention of any future bone loss in your jaw. When a missing tooth is not replaced, it can lead to other problems such as further tooth loss, bone degeneration, and gum disease. Replacing your missing teeth is important to maintain good oral health, plus it helps to maintain a youthful face by keeping from changing its shape.
- They look like your natural teeth. Be ready to regain your confidence and smile your troubles away. The all on 4 treatment looks so natural, no one will be able to tell the difference between a regular smile and your renovated one.
- It adapts to your jawbone as if it was your own. Thanks to the materials that the implants are made of, such as titanium, they are completely compatible with the human body, making them possible to adapt as your own set of teeth.
- It is the best alternative apart from dentures. Forget about dentures falling out at inopportune moments and the messy adhesives to keep them in place. Once the treatment is finished, it will not need to be removed again.
- They can last a lifetime. They require practically the same amount of care as regular teeth and with good dental care, the implants can last for life.
- Satisfaction is guaranteed. Deciding to have an all on 4 treatment can change your life in the best of ways. Having a fully functioning set of teeth can boost your confidence so don’t hesitate on giving yourself the smile you deserve!
All On 4 Step by Step
Before we make any life-changing decisions, let's take a peek of the entire process we will go through.
- On your first dental appointment, a dental specialist might need to gather information about your jawbone structure, this may include studies such as x-rays and complete dental evaluation. This is only to formulate the best treatment plan for you.
- After that, surgery will be scheduled to remove any remaining broken teeth or bad tissue. Once they are removed, the 4 implants will be put in place.
- Once your implants are placed, we have to let your gums heal so the titanium posts inserted can hold and fuse to your jawbone. This usually takes about 3 months to 6 months.
- When the healing process is successfully finished, your jawbone will be stable and ready to remove the provisional bridge and finally get your permanent brand new teeth!
- It is important to mention that getting an implant from any kind requires at least 2 visits to your dentist.
Take a look at this video to see more about how the implants are made and how they look on a real patient from Sani Dental Group!
Normally after any surgery doctors recommend rest, rest, and rest and this is not the exception.
A procedure like this one can lead to a little bleeding and swelling if we make a lot of effort such as lifting heavy objects or exercising.
The main activities after this dental treatment will be laying down on a couch or a bed, but be careful! If we move a little too fast you might get a bit lightheaded for a second.
For the first couple of weeks, you might also try to eat soft foods while your gums are healing. Once your swelling goes away, you can try to start eating harder foods periodically until you can bite any crunchy objects without any pain.
Smoking during this process might cause a delay with the healing wounds. If you are a regular smoker, doctors will probably recommend stopping for a small time before and after treatment to get the best results.
Pain management is another point to be ready before surgery. Normally doctors will give you a prescription for medications to control any discomforts, just remember to take them just as it is pointed and it should go away in no time.
But most importantly, be patient! In no time you will be able to brag about your new smile to all your friends, family and loved ones!
What Kind of Materials Can I Choose For My Implants?
Right after the posts are inserted in your mouth, you will be wearing a temporary set of teeth so you can enjoy the benefits of the treatment from day one. Once the wounds from your surgery heal, they will be replaced by a set of permanent ones.
There are different kinds of materials you can choose for your permanent set of teeth. This means it is very important for you to be aware of the differences between them, so can make a decision and choose the right one for you.
- This is the standard and most frequent option for patients. This type of denture is usually not as expensive and it is built around a titanium framework.
Teeth made of porcelain are the more realistic looking option and it usually lasts longer than the acrylic set of teeth. It can also cost more money than the standard ones and in case of an accident, the replacement of a broken tooth can be kind of expensive as well.
In case you still have doubts and would like to get a little bit more information on the costs, we recommend to take a look at different local dentistry clinics nearby you. We also invite you to take a look at the prices from our clinic, for you to compare and decide what suits you better!
Are you a Candidate?
Once you attend your doctor’s appointment and after gathering all the information required, you will be able to confirm your eligibility. However, if the following list applies to you, you will most likely be an eligible candidate:
- If you have several missing teeth and require multiple dental implants.
- If you wear a denture.
- If you have good general health.
- If you do not have significant oral health problems, such as gum disease that could cause issues during the treatment process.
- If you are not taking any other medication that can cause healing to delay. (In case you do, it is important to notify the specialist you are seeing in case you need to stop or change your medicines).
Los Algodones: The Best Option for Getting the All On 4 Dental Implants
Dental Implants, in general, have one big disadvantage: They can be expensive.
Luckily, there is an option that has allowed many people from the United States and Canada to get done this kind of procedure and save up from 50% to 80% compared to the listed country prices.
Dental tourism has become popular over the years and Los Algodones, a Mexican Small town located 5 minutes from the border in Yuma, Arizona, has been one of the number #1 locations to spend your medical holidays.
Los Algodones, also known as Molar City, has brought many tourists over the years to receive the most high-quality dental treatments, with more than 300 clinics available for you to choose from.
Sani Dental Group was named Los Algodones Number One Dental Clinic just last year. With more than 35 years of experience, they are known as the largest clinic in town, with 2 open clinics and more than 30 chairs available for patients.
It is the only dental center in town to be certified by the Medical Tourism Association, plus our medical facilities use one of the top technologies on dental care to guarantee the best results
A Budget-Friendly Destination For Your Treatment
Often people can ask themselves, why are treatments in Mexico are so cheap? Is it because I will get poor quality on my treatment?
I have good news for you! It has nothing to do with that. To the opposite, dental services in Los Algodones are one of the highest quality of them all.
The reason why it is not as expensive is only that the cost of living in that country is cheaper overall and there are no insurance requirements for dental care.
This is also why if you check a couple of the hotels located in Molar City, you can see that prices can also seem to be very affordable. Take a look at a couple of accommodation facilities from our friends at Hacienda Los Algodones and Cielito Lindo Hotel to get an idea of the difference!
Being in the hands of a good dentist with any treatment is very important, and that is why at Sani Dental Group you can count on a complete team of certified doctors and specialists ready to help you out with your dental concerns.
We have around 9,000 happy patients each year who can tell you about the great experience they had with us.
If you are considering getting an All On 4 Dental Implants in Los Algodones, we invite you to contact one of our patient coordinators at Sani Dental Group just to discover how affordable a beautiful new smile can be!
Disclaimer: All content shown in this blog and in any linked materials are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. Any recommendations are based on personal, not professional, opinion only. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern about their dental care and treatments, please contact us directly. For more information please read our Disclaimers and FAQ pages.