As years pass, teeth can be lost by a variety of reasons; these reasons can include: periodontal diseases, traumas or decays. If a lost tooth is not immediately replace, surrounding bone begins to collapse or shrink, also the missing adjacent support will make surrounding teeth to drift.
A dental bridge, a dental implant or a partial denture can help restore your smile, all these treatments have their advantages; our dentist in Sani Dental Group can provide you details and explain the different procedures that can help you and tell you what is the best treatment option available for you. Let's learn more of the options Sani Dental Group has to offer you.
A partial denture is a removable appliance; the partial denture can replace several missing teeth or it can replace a single tooth. This is an excellent choice as it is an affordable solution for several oral problems; however our dentist in Sani Dental Group can provide further details during the diagnosis to let you know if you are suitable for this treatment and if any especial procedure will be required.
A removable partial denture is a prosthesis that supports, provides stability and helps to restores your smile. Depending on your case, removable acrylic dentures and/or flexible partial dentures can be used. One benefit to partial dentures is that it can be used to replace multiple teeth using a single appliance.
An issue dentist are ameliorating is the fact that wearing a removable appliance in your mouth can be a little uncomfortable, speaking and eating may also need a few adjustments. In some cases patients have confidence issues, especially if they did not attend the problem in the early stages.
Traditionally a partial denture has the following procedures:
- Your dentist will make impression of your mouth
- The impression will be taken to the laboratory – the denture will be made
- On your next visit – your dentist will provide you the denture On your final visit the cosmetic details will be completed. In addition both your smile and confidence will be restore.
- Test will be made, bite will be confirmed and if pain is felt, your dentist will make the adjustments needed and the cosmetic applications.
A dental bridge can replace several missing teeth or just a single tooth. A dental bridge is at least three crowns together, in which two of them are attached to the teeth on the sides of the missing tooth.This treatment option is an excellent choice, in addition to being an affordable solution for several oral problems; it can help restore your smile.
However our dentist in Sani Dental Group can provide more details during the diagnosis and if you are suitable for this treatment or not.
Traditionally dental bridges are made of porcelain fused to metal (PFM) or ceramics, in other cases they are made of zirconia. A dental bridge treatment is performed between 3 and 5 days depending in the specific condition of the patient, most of the time the treatment is done after 72 hours, this involves daily appointments of one to two hours each. Getting a dental bridge requires a more than one visit.
Traditionally a bridge has the following procedures:
- Your dentist will apply local anesthetic, the surrounding areas will now be numb
- Adjacent teeth surrounding the gap will be prepped or reshaped
- A new mouth impression will be madeYour dentist will place a temporary bridge while the permanent is made
- his new impression will be sent to our laboratories to create a customized bridge that fits correctly
- On your next visit - your dentist will perform a fitting to make sure the base of the new bridge fits correctly
- Test will be made to verify that you have a proper bite. If you have pain (for any reason) adjustments can be made at this moment.
- After tests are made your dentist will remove the permanent bridge a place the partial once again.
- On your final visit – your polish, fully cosmetic bridge will be placed.
- With your full satisfaction and restored smile, the dentist will provide you special indications if required.
A dental implant is a metal post that is surgically placed into your jawbone beneath your gum(s). The implant will osseo-integrate with your jawbone; in other words the implant provides better support for artificial teeth. Dentures and bridges that are supported by implant(s) will not slip or shift, an important benefit you while speaking or eating.
A dental implant is possibly the best alternative for replacing a missing tooth. The benefits to having an implant include the following:
- The implant serves as a root substitutes; acting like an anchor to your jaw bone.
- Implants are the right choice for patients who can no longer wear removable dentures.
- Your improve appearance will lift your self-esteem and self-confidence
- If you are able to eat what you want, where you want and when you want it; won’t that make you happy?
- Implant is made of titanium
- Metal that is bio-friendly/compatible with your body; no allergic reaction to your body
- Implants are individual; maintenance and hygiene is easier
- No grinding or clashing with neighboring teeth
An implant is a great option to help restore your smile. Our dentist in Sani Dental Group will help you feel confident and restore you smile. However, an important factor that all patients must keep in mind is: do I have enough bone?
In order for your treatment to be efficient, you need to have enough jawbone; if you do not have enough bone, our dentist can offer you a safe and effective way to correct the bone deficiency or another option (Dental Bridge or Partial Denture).
If you do qualify for an implant, we must keep this in mind the following: this replacement treatment (the implant) is consider the best option available today. The root-like feature will keep your teeth fixed and after the surgery thanks to the dentist artistic skills you will not notice the difference. Time at the doctor’s office will vary from one patient to another; however in Sani Dental Group during the diagnostics our dentist will explain to you the procedure and the approximate time to complete it.
The steps and procedures mentioned in this post are procedures available in the medical field; however, not all these treatments and procedures are perform at Sani Dental Group. To confirm if this procedure is perform at our dental clinics, please contact us directly.
The 25 + trained professional in Sani Dental Group have the knowledge and skills to treat your dental needs. We are located in the city of Los Algodones, Mexico; only a few miles from Yuma, Ar. We invite you to make an appointment with us call toll free 1-855-SANI-DDS or (928) 257-1307; restore your smile and know which one is better for you: a Dental Bridge or a Partial Denture or a Dental Implant.