With the fast pace of everyday life, it's not always easy to find the time to brush your teeth. It may be because of work or family commitments, but sometimes you can't find the time or just forget to brush your teeth.
Not everybody goes around with a toothbrush in their pockets. It doesn't mean that you have to abandon your oral hygiene. On the opposite, there are ways to clean your teeth when you forget to brush your teeth, and today we share 3 of them with you.
What to do when you forgot to brush your teeth
Eating Cleaning Foods
We refer to the firm or crisp foods that help to clean the teeth as they are eaten. The texture of these foods can remove the plaque from your teeth, cleaning them in the process. Apples, raw carrots, celery, and unsweetened popcorn are the best to keep your mouth clean during the day.
We recommend that you make these foods the final food in your meal, so even if you forgot to brush teeth, your smile will look good.
Maybe you forgot to brush teeth this morning but if you still can sneak into a bathroom, you can clean your teeth with water. Just take a sip of water and swirl it around your mouth.
Remember to do it firmly so you can loosen up the dirt off your teeth. Once you spit it out into a sink, the water should have taken food debris with it. If you still feel your teeth dirty, repeat the process till you feel them cleaner.
Chewing Sugarless Gum
Saliva is nature's way of washing away the bacteria in your mouth, and chewing sugarless gum stimulates its production. Besides that, sugarless gum can help you remove food debris from your teeth, giving you a sense of cleanliness.
Of course, it's really important that you make sure that the gum contains no sugar at all. This is one of the best ways to clean your teeth when you don't have a toothbrush at your disposal.
A Few Extra Tips to Keep Your Teeth Clean
- Try not to snack between meals. Snacking leaves food particles in your teeth that stay there for a long time, leading to decay.
- If you are going to snack anyway, do it healthily. Vegetables, nuts, and cheese are better alternatives to snacks than candies or fizzy drinks.
- You've heard this before, and you will continue hearing it: quit smoking. Cigarettes create an environment in your mouth that leads to a bigger growth of bacteria.
- When you drink fizzy drinks, use a straw so the liquid doesn't hit your teeth directly.
- Also, take care of the coffee. When you drink coffee, drink water between sips so the liquid doesn't stain your teeth.
A clean mouth says a lot about you, so don't forget to keep it as clean as you can. And if you need extra help, visit the expert.
Sani Dental Group is the largest dental group in Los Algodones. When you're looking for dental cleaning or whitening treatments in Mexico, we guarantee you that we are the best option.
Call us, and one of our patient coordinators will give you all the information you need about our dental treatments.
Your dental health is not something to be taken lightly, so choose the best to work on it. Do your research and you'll realize that Sani Dental Group is your best ally.