With the fast rhythm of daily life, it's not always easy to make time to brush. Could be because of work or family commitments, but sometimes you just can't find the moment.
Not everybody goes around with a toothbrush on their pockets. It doesn't mean that you have to abandon your oral hygiene. To the opposite, there are ways to clean your teeth when you forget to brush, and today we share 3 of them with you.
Eating Cleaning Foods
We refer to the firm or crisp foods that help to clean the teeth as they are eaten. The texture of these foods can remove the plaque off your teeth, cleaning them in the process. Apples, raw carrots, celery, and unsweetened popcorn are the best to keep your mouth clean during the day.
Our recommendation is that you make these foods the final food in your meal, so even if you don't find the time to brush, your smile will look good.
Maybe you forgot your toothbrush, but if you still can sneak into a bathroom, you can clean your teeth with water. Just take a sip of water and swirl it around your mouth.
Remember to do it strong so you can loose up the dirt off your teeth. Once you spit it out into a sink, the water should have taken food debris with it. If you still feel your teeth dirty, repeat the process till you feel them cleaner.
Chewing Sugarless Gum
Saliva is nature's way of washing away the bacteria in your mouth, and chewing sugarless gum stimulates its production. Besides that, sugarless gum can help you removing food debris off your teeth, giving you a sense of cleanliness.
Of course, it's really important that you make sure that the gum contains no sugar at all. This is one of the best ways to clean your teeth when you don't have a toothbrush at your disposal.
A Few Extra Tips to Keep your Teeth Clean
- Try not to snack between meals. Snacking leaves food particles in your teeth that stay there for a long time, leading to decay.
- If you are going to snack anyway, do it healthy. Vegetables, nuts, and cheese are better alternatives to snack than candies or fizzy drinks.
- You've heard this before, and you will continue hearing it: quit smoking. Cigarettes create an environment in your mouth that lead to a bigger growing of bacteria.
- When you drink fizzy drinks, use a straw so the liquid doesn't hit your teeth directly.
- Also, take care with coffee. When you drink coffee, make sure to drink water between sips so the liquid doesn't stain your teeth.
A clean mouth says a lot about you, so don't forget to keep it as clean as you can. And if you need extra help, visit the expert.
Sani Dental Group is the largest dental group in Los Algodones. When you're looking for dental cleaning or whitening treatments in Mexico, we guarantee you that we are the best option. Give us a call and one of our patient coordinators will give you all the information you need about our dental treatments.
Your dental health is not something to be taken lightly, so choose the best to work on it. Do your research and you'll realize that Sani Dental Group is your best ally.
Disclaimer: Open dentist to help you with your dental needs. We are taking additional special measures following CDC recommendations to ensure your health and safety.