You recently visit Sani Dental Group and receive a dental cleaning either Deep Cleaning, Laser Treatment or LANAP.
After the procedure is done you might feel pain or have questions, to better assist you during the month of April we will give you a few post-surgery steps you should take to avoid oral discomfort.
- To relieve pain; you can take pain killers this will relieve the pain and are sold without a prescription.
- It is advisable to eat only soft foods for the first 24 hours and avoid hard foods that may cause irritation.
- Drink abundant water during 24 hours is recommended to drink at least 8 glasses of water.
- Put cold towels or an ice pack on your face in the area where the treatment was given. Apply for 15 minutes and then remove them for another 15 minutes within 4-6 hours after treatment.
- In the morning following the treatment; rinse your mouth with warm salt water (dissolve 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water). Repeat this several times a day.
- Brush teeth gently to help remove the plate that has begun to form. We suggest that you use toothpaste with fluoride and controlling the scale.
- Do not use dental floss or other household products for care of the teeth, such as toothpicks or electric brushes for the first 24 hours of your treatment. Start very gently at first.
- It is very common that periodontal diseases to occur, patients should have regular check-ups to monitor progress and to prevent recurring disease.
Recommendation: Brush your teeth and use dental floss daily after every meal to reduce or prevent tartar grown.
Chewing and eating: You can eat immediately after the cleaning was done.
Diet Instructions: Do not eat spicy or excessively hot foods. The first week after the laser therapy, follow only a liquid-like diet to allow healing. The purpose of this is to protect the clot that is acting as a “band aid” between the gum and the teeth.
LANAP (Laser assisted new attachment procedure)
LANAP - Dental procedure designed to treat periodontitis, the procedure involves using regeneration rather than resection. The dental therapy and the laser used to perform was developed since 1994 and refined in Cerritos, California.
The LANAP laser works on a specific wavelength - this will remove unhealthy/disease tissue, but leaves the healthy gum tissue intact. In other words, there is much less post-operative stress to your oral cavity.
We invite you to visit Los Algodones, here our professional team of dentists can take care of all your oral problems and if suffer from dentophobia our professionals will explain to you the dental procedure that will be performed. In addition to offering you Post-Surgery Oral Care tips, our dentist have years of experience and they capable of helping you with a basic routine teeth check-up to an advanced “complex” dental surgery. Come to Sani Dental Group and allow our dentist to take care of your oral needs.
The steps and procedures mentioned in this post are procedures available in the medical field; however, not all these treatments and procedures are perform at Sani Dental Group. To confirm if this procedure is perform at our dental clinics, please contact us directly.