In cases of total loss or almost total loss of teeth, there are generally two types of procedures that are recommended for dental patients: Dentures and Implants.
Each solution has its advantages and its disadvantages, and it is recommended that a dentist evaluate you and help you decide which solution is the most appropriate for you. However, most dentists agree that in general terms, implants are the better solution. Dental implants offer many benefits over dentures.
Both solutions restore a patient’s ability to chew, as well as restoring their smile. So what are the main differences between dental implants and dentures?
- Pricing: Dentures are cheaper than implants
- Ease of Use: Dentures are simple to use
- No surgery: Dentures don’t require surgery
- Fast Solution: Dentures require fewer initial visits to the dentist and less waiting time than implants
- Impermanent: Dentures are removable and are not a permanent solution
- Awkward to Use: Dentures might cause embarrassment if patients need to remove them in public
- Uncomfortable: Dentures don’t feel as natural as implants
- Stability: Implants are very stable
- Strong Implants use the full strength of the jaw
- Permanent: Implants are a fixed solution
- Minimal Care: Implants are like natural teeth and require the same care as natural teeth
- They Feel Real: Dental implants feel almost like natural teeth
- Surgery: Implants require one or two surgeries
- Time: Implants can take 2 or more appointments and 4-6 months to complete
- Expensive: Implants are relatively more expensive
- Health Restrictions: Some conditions, like diabetes, might prevent you from getting implants
While implants are considered a better alternative by patients and dentists alike, most of the factors that will drive the decision will be biological or financial. For healthy patients, who typically are able to take either option, the choice is simple: get implants. However, there is one factor that is not biologically related that often prevents patients from getting implants: the cost.
Dental implants in the United States are typically so expensive that many American dentists just don’t put that option on the table. This means that many patients think that dentures are the only choice they have. While this might be true in some cases, the vast majority of patients do not have a health issue with getting implants.
This is why many Americans and Canadians are coming to Mexico. The lower cost of dental implants in Los Algodones means that they can afford the procedure, even if they have to pay for transportation and lodging.
Obviously, when dealing with your health, the quality of the service takes priority over price. That’s why at Sani Dental Group, we have made every effort to offer you top-notch service with the most qualified and trained staff, the most advanced installations and equipment, and the best materials and prosthetics on the market. You will get the same quality of dental care that you’re used to at home at Sani Dental Group.
The steps and procedures mentioned in this post are procedures available in the medical field; however, not all these treatments and procedures are perform at Sani Dental Group. To confirm if this procedure is perform at our dental clinics, please contact us directly.
Whether you want to get your smile back with implants or dentures, the dental professionals at Sani Dental Group invite you to come to Los Algodones, just south of the border from Yuma, Arizona, and go back home with a smile you’ll love.