A laser is a high-technology device that generates a beam of concentrated light. This beam of light brings energy into the mouth to help the dentist remove areas of infection or tooth decay with great precision and accuracy.
The dental laser beam sterilizes the affected area and seals off blood vessels, which minimizes the chance of infection or bleeding.
Dental Laser is much more comfortable both during and after treatment. Other benefits include:
- Minimal damage to the surrounding tissues
- Some procedures with lasers don't require sutures
- Some procedures don't require anesthesia
- Minimal bleeding due to high-energy light beams which inhibits blood loss
- Minimal bacterial infections because the light beams sterilize the area
- Wounds heal faster and tissues can regenerate
Laser Dental Whitening and Cleaning
The laser whitening technology is performed by applying a translucent bleaching gel into the teeth and a laser light is used to activate the crystals to absorb the energy from the light and penetrate the teeth enamel to increase the lightening effect on the teeth. The length of time in the cosmetic dentist's chair depends on the degree of discoloration you have.
Laser cleaning reduces practically to nothing the sensitivity that you may experience in your teeth and gums a few days after treatment, and promotes a faster recovery of the tissues.