Published on: - By:
Porcelain veneers are the thin pieces of porcelain designed to fit over the front surface of teeth. The goal of veneers is to improve the color, shape, and position of teeth to give them a better appearance. These have become a popular option to restore teeth because of their natural appearance that resembles the tooth enamel. There are a lot of reasons why porcelain veneers can be the perfect option to boost your smile and here we share everything you need to know about them.
How Porcelain Veneers Work?
The main function of dental veneers is to cover the front surface of teeth to improve their appearance. To achieve this, veneers are bonded to your teeth adjusting its color to look natural in your smile. The tooth where the veneer will be placed has to be cleaned, polished, and etched to allow the veneer to be strongly bonded. It's important that you know that even when there are temporary veneers, they're just used while your permanent veneers are being done in the laboratory. Porcelain veneers are permanent.
What Are the Advantages of Porcelain Veneers?
As we mentioned in the title of this post, porcelain veneers can really improve your smile. Here are some of the advantages that porcelain veneers offer.
- Porcelain veneers don't change their color over time. In addition to giving you a better appearance, when you choose porcelain veneers you can be sure that the color you chose for your veneer will remain always the same.
- Porcelain veneers look natural. Because of its semi-translucent ceramic, these veneers fit perfectly with the enamel of your teeth and cannot be noticed.
- Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant. The surface of these veneers is smooth and impermeable, making them much more resistant to different types of stains compared to natural teeth.
- Porcelain veneers are long-lasting. With proper care, these veneers can last up to 15 years, which is more than the double of what composite veneers usually last.
- Porcelain veneers are easy to care. To maintain your veneers in good shape, you just need to take care of them as if they were natural teeth. By brushing and flossing every day, you can make your veneers to last without worries.
Can Everyone Get Porcelain Veneers?
There are certain aspects that may exclude you from being a candidate to get porcelain veneers. People with decayed or weaken teeth, periodontal disease, bad teeth enamel, or excessive teeth grinding may not be eligible for this procedure. If you have good oral hygiene, you shouldn't have nothing to worry about. Ask your dentist about the state of your mouth before you make any decision, he/she is the only one that can help you to know if you're a good candidate for getting porcelain veneers.
How Much Do Porcelain Veneers Cost?
Generally, porcelain veneers may range in cost from 750 to 1,500 per tooth. The cost of porcelain veneers is not usually covered by insurance, but there are alternatives to get this procedure. By coming to Mexico you can save up to 70% on this or any other treatment. You can check our price list to compare and see how much you can save by choosing dental tourism to improve your smile.
Sani Dental Group is the largest dental group in Los Algodones and one of the largest in Mexico. We invite you to visit one of our 3 dental clinics where you can find more than 30 doctors to attend all your dental needs. When you're looking for the best dental treatments in Mexico, Sani Dental Group is your best option. Give us a call and one of our patient coordinators will provide you all the information you need. The right time to have the smile you want is now, so don't hesitate. Your smile can make a difference.